IBM iSeries 9009-41A
The new S914 - The entry offering into the POWER9 family of servers. Industry leading integrated security and reliability as well cloud enabled out of the box with PowerVM technology
The Power S914 server by default has its Power Management mode set to Dynamic Performance. This mode can dynamically optimizes the processor frequency at any given time based on CPU utilization and operating environmental conditions. For a description of this feature and other power management options available for this server, see the IBM EnergyScale for POWER9 Processor-Based Systems website.
The Power S914 server supports one-processor sockets, offering 4-core typical 2.3 to 3.8 GHz (max), or 6-core typical 2.3 to 3.8 GHz (max), or 8-core typical 2.8 to 3.8 GHz (max) POWER9 processor-based configurations in a 19-inch rack-mount, 4U (EIA units) drawer or desk-side configuration. All the cores are active.
The Power S914 server supports a maximum of 16 DDR4 DIMM slots. Memory features supported are 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB, and run at speeds of 2133, 2400, and 2666 Mbps, allowing for a maximum system memory of 1024 GB.
Summary of standard features for Power S914 server:
- POWER9 processor modules:
- 4-core, typical 2.3 to 3.8 GHz (max) POWER9 Processor (#EP10)
- 6-core, typical 2.3 to 3.8 GHz (max) POWER9 Processor (#EP11)
- 8-core, typical 2.8 to 3.8 GHz (max) POWER9 Processor (#EP12) (rack-mount configuration only)
- High-performance Mbps DDR4 ECC memory
- 16 GB (#EM62), 32 GB (#EM63), or 64 GB (#EM64) memory features
- Up to 1024 GB of DDR4 memory with one Power Systems processor
- Storage feature:
- 12 SFF-3 Bays/RDX Bays.
- Optionally, split the above SFF-3 bays and add a second integrated SAS controller without cache.
- 18 SFF-3 Bays/Dual IOA with Write Cache and External SAS port.
- 12 SFF-3 Bays/RDX Bay/Dual IOA with Write Cache and External SAS port.
- Optionally, attach an EXP12SX/EXP24SX SAS HDD/SSD Expansion Drawer to the dual IOA.
- Up to two PCIe3 NVMe carrier cards with two M.2 module slots (with up to four Mainstream 400 GB SSD NVMe M.2 modules)
- A quantity of one PCIe3 NVMe carrier card can be ordered only with storage backplane. If a PCIe3 NVMe carrier card is ordered with a storage backplane, then the optional split feature is not supported.
- PCIe slots with single processor:
- One x16 Gen4 full-height, half-length (CAPI)
- One x8 Gen4 full-height, half-length (with x16 connector) (CAPI)
- Two x8 Gen3 full-height, half-length (with x16 connectors)
- Four x8 Gen3 full-height, half-length (One of these slots is used for the required base LAN adapter.)
- Service processor
- EnergyScale technology
- Hot-swap and redundant cooling
- One front USB 3.0 ports
- Two rear USB 3.0 ports
- Two HMC 1 GbE RJ45 ports
- One system port with RJ45 connector
- Four hot-plug, redundant power supplies
- 19-inch rack-mounting hardware (4U)