(#EPXQ) - 4-core 3.026 GHz POWER8 Processor
4-core 3.026 GHz POWER8 processor
- Attributes provided: 4-core 3.062 GHz processor
- Attributes required: One processor card slot.
- Minimum required: 0
- Maximum allowed: 1 (Initial order maximum: 1)
- OS level required:
- Initial Order/MES/Both/Supported: Both
- CSU: Yes
- Return parts MES: No
The Power System S812 server brings robust and solid business transaction processing with proven infrastructure for AIX and IBM i operating system environments. The S812 is a 1-socket, 2U system designed to meet compute demands of larger deployments, for example, in retail space and as an entry point for noncompute-intense workloads that require high reliability and stability.
This 1-socket system can be ordered with one core for IBM i (up to 25 users) and up to four cores for AIX. The S812 provides the benefits of great performance per core and per socket, utilizing the POWER8 processor. It also provides resilient I/O capabilities, internal storage, and hot-plug PCI capabilities, along with greater reliability, availability, and serviceability.
Other benefits include:
- A foundation to core workloads in small footprints at a very competitive price point
- Right fit for small businesses and scale-out deployments
- Energy efficient and easy to manage by utilizing advanced energy control
The Power System S812 supports one processor socket, offering 1-core with IBM i or 4-core with AIX 3.026 GHz POWER8 configurations in a 19-inch rack-mount, 2U (EIA units) drawer configuration.
The Power S812 server supports a maximum of 64 GB DDR4 memory for IBM i workloads and a maximum of 128 GB DDR4 memory for AIX workloads. Memory features supported are 16 GB and 32 GB and run at speeds of 1600 Mbps.
The IBM Power System S812 server is a powerful 1-socket server that ships with one or four activated cores and I/O configuration flexibility to meet small businesses' processing needs. The server features:
- The IBM POWER8 processor module configurations:
- 1-core 3.026 GHz for IBM i
- 4-core 3.026 GHz for AIX
- Up to 64 GB of memory for 1-core S812or up to 128 GB of memory for 4-core S812
- Choice of integrated storage backplane features:
- Eight SFF-3 bays, DVD bay, and dual SAS controller with write cache
- Twelve SFF-3 bays, DVD bay, and single SAS controller
- Twelve SFF-3 bays, DVD bay, and split backplane two SAS controllers
- Expansion capabilities for the EXP24SX or EXP12SX Drawer for the 4-core S812
- Six low-profile, hot-swap PCIe Gen 3 slots
- Service processor
- EnergyScale technology
- Four (two front + two rear) USB 3.0 ports for general use
- Two rear USB 2.0 ports for non-general use
- Hot-swap and redundant cooling
- One system port with RJ45 connector
- Two hot-plug, redundant power supplies
- 19-inch rack-mounting hardware (2U)
- For IBM i, a maximum of 25 IBM i user entitlements
There are no reviews for this product.