iSeries 9406 Memory, #3046 2 GB Main Storage 570/825
This Feature provides 2 GB Main Storage DIMM (DDR; 256 Mb technology, stacked, CCIN 3046). The Main Storage Memory is on a single DIMM utilizing 512Mb DDR-1 Technology. The 3046-9406 is supported on the following systems: 825, 570
For the Model 570:
- Supported for model upgrades only.
- Install memory DIMMs in quads.
- Quads must be the same DIMM.
- Memory balancing and spreading is required.
For the Model 825:
- Up to 24 DIMMs may be installed for a maximum capacity of 48GB.
- Main storage DIMMs are installed directly onto the processor cards.
- Each processor card has eight DIMM slots.
- The eight slots are arranged in two sets of four.
- The DIMMs must be installed in sets of four (quads).
- Each set of four DIMMs must be the same memory capacity and technology.
- Each system order must have at least one set of three main storage DIMM quads (12 DIMMs total) installed. An exception is the 2GB memory capacity point, where two quads (eight DIMMs total) are allowed but not recommended.
- For the 3/6-way processor, three processor cards (three Multi-chip Modules (MCMs)) are installed in the system. There is a total of 24 DIMM slots in which 8, 12, 16, 20 or 24 memory DIMMs may be installed.