#4496 8/16 GB DDR2 Main Storage 570
The #4496 - 8/16 GB CUoD DDR2 Main Storage provides 8 GB of activated DDR2 and additional 8 GB of DDR2 memory available for activation with four 4 GB DIMMs (CCIN 314E). The 8 GB of additional memory can be activated in increments of 1 GB.
The System 570+ offers pluggable DIMMs for memory. There is a minimum of two memory features per processor enclosure provided via four DDR2 Dimms.
* 2/4-way = minimum 2, maximum 4
* 4/8-way = minimum 4, maximum 8
* 8/16-way = minimum 8, maximum 16
The maximum memory capacity depends upon the number of processors ordered for the system and on the type of memory and
The rules for mixing and matching DIMMs are:
* Install memory DIMMs in quads.
* Quads must be the same DIMM.
* Memory balancing and spreading is required.
* Four available memory DIMM slots are required.
* Minimum operating system level: i5/OS V5R3
* Supported on Model 570+ CUoD systems.
* The #4495 is not a Customer Install Feature.