Lenovo ThinkSystem DE6000F
Lenovo ThinkSystem DE6000F is a scalable, all flash mid-range storage system that is designed to provide high performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for medium to large businesses. The ThinkSystem DE6000F delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities in a performance-optimized system with a wide choice of host connectivity options and enhanced data management features. The ThinkSystem DE6000F is a perfect fit for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including big data and analytics, video surveillance, technical computing, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
ThinkSystem DE6000F models are available in a 2U rack form-factor with 24 small form-factor (2.5-inch SFF) drives (2U24 SFF) and include two controllers, each with 64 GB cache for a system total of 128 GB. Base ports provide universal 10 Gb iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC) host connectivity, and the host interface cards provide 12 Gb SAS, 10/25 Gb iSCSI, 8/16/32 Gb FC or NVMe/FC, or 25/40/100 Gb NVMe/RoCE connections.
The ThinkSystem DE6000F Storage Array scales up to 120 solid-state drives (SSDs) with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosures.
The ThinkSystem DE6000F offers the following key features and benefits:
- All-flash array capabilities and NVMe over Fabrics to meet the demand for higher speed storage and provide higher IOPs and bandwidth with lower power usage and total cost of ownership than hybrid or HDD-based solutions.
- Scalable, high performance mid-range storage with dual active/active controller configurations with 64 GB cache per controller for high availability and performance.
- Improved performance and data protection with Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) technology, as well as support for traditional RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, and 10.
- Flexible storage protocols to match diverse client needs with support for 10 Gb iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb FC and 12 Gb SAS, 10/25 Gb iSCSI, or 8/16/32 Gb FC host connectivity, or 8/16/32 Gb NVMe/FC host connectivity, or 25/40/100 Gb NVMe/RoCE host connectivity.
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with support for up to 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the 2U24 SFF enclosures.
- Scalability to up to 120 SFF drives with the attachment of up to four ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance.
- Full set of storage management functions comes with the system, including Dynamic Disk Pools, snapshots, volume copy, thin provisioning, synchronous mirroring, and asynchronous mirroring.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system setup and management.
- Designed for 99.9999% availability with redundant hot-swap components, including controllers and I/O modules, power supplies, proactive maintenance, and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
The following solid-state drives are supported in the 2U24 SFF enclosures:
- Capacity-optimized SSDs (1 drive write per day [DWD]): 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB
- High performance SSDs (3 DWD): 800 GB, 1.6 TB, and 3.2 TB
- High performance self-encrypting FIPS SSDs (3 DWD): 1.6 TB
All drives are dual-port and hot-swappable. Drives of the same form factor can be intermixed within the appropriate enclosure, which provides the flexibility to address performance and capacity needs within a single enclosure.
Up to four ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures are supported by a single ThinkSystem DE6000F system. More drives and expansion enclosures are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime, which helps to quickly and seamlessly respond to ever-growing capacity demands.
The ThinkSystem DE6000F offers high levels of system and data availability with the following technologies:
- Dual-active controller modules with automatic load balancing and failover
- Mirrored data cache with flash backup (battery-backed destaging to flash)
- Dual-port SAS SSDs with automatic drive failure detection and rebuild with global hot spares
- Redundant, hot-swappable and customer replaceable hardware components, including SFP/SFP+ transceivers, controller and I/O modules, power supplies, and drives
- Automated path failover support for the data path between the host and the drives with multipathing software
- Non-disruptive controller and drive firmware upgrades