9009-42G IBM Power9 S924 IBM i AIX System Upgrades and Pricing for EP1E EP1F EP1G
IBM Power9 9009-42G S924 Model Specifications Comparisons Pricing
IBM Power9 9009-42G and 9009-42A S924 Power9 scale-out models are designed for mission critical, intensive I/O workloads, powered entirely by fourth generation PCIe architecture (slots, switches and lanes), support up to 14 NVMe devices with up to 6.4 TB each and 89.6 TB of NVMe data storage space for IBM i, AIX, Linux server operating systems or IBM VIOS configurations.
IBM Power9 on-chip analytics and algorithms enable workloads to run at optimized processor frequency for performance and throughput. IBM 9009-42G S924 models can have one or two sockets, are all in a P20 software tier, and processors provide unmatched memory scaling and core to memory ratio needed for data-centric and in-memory workloads.
Memory & Storage
IBM Power9 9009-42G S924 servers have 32 DDR4 DIMM slots for a maximum of 4TB of Power9 memory and 12 or 18 SFF SAS Bay options for internal Power9 Disk Drives or SDD. IBM 9009-42G servers have 512 K L2 Cache, 120 MB L3 Cache and provide up to 340 GB/s processor to memory bandwidth on a two socket S924 system. See the 9009-42G product pages for details, configuration options and pricing requests.
IBM Power9 S924 Processor Specifications by CPW:
- 9009-42G EP5E 8-Core 145500 CPW Maximum
- 9009-42G EP5F 10-Core 174500 CPW Maximum
- 9009-42G EP5H 11-Core 195200 CPW Maximum
- 9009-42G EP5G 12-Core 209000 CPW Maximum
- 9009-42G EP5E 16-Core Two Socket 268500 CPW Maximum
- 9009-42G EP5F 20-Core Two Socket 318000 CPW Maximum
- 9009-42G EP5H 22-Core Two Socket 350000 CPW Maximum
- 9009-42G EP5G 24-Core Two Socket 370700 CPW Maximum