IBM iSeries 9009-42A
"The new S924 - Highest security and reliability now Cloud enabled with integrated Virtualization capabilities."
The POWER9 scale-out family is the first set of entry servers that comes completely cloud enabled out of the box with integrated PowerVM Enterprise capabilities. Additionally, on-chip analytics and algorithms help clients run their workloads at an optimized processor frequency for performance and throughput. In combination with the DDR4 memory footprint of 4 TB, IBM provides systems that are unmatched by the competition in terms of memory scaling as well as the core to memory ratio needed for data-centric and in-memory workloads. Live Partition Mobility capabilities are built in, to cloud-enable your POWER9 infrastructure and help you migrate from previous Power Systems. Every new S924 also has the option of a temporary PowerVM license for your old server to support a seamless move of workloads to POWER9. The Power System S924 server has built-in security that can help you to be ready for current and future security threats.
The Power S924 supports two processor sockets, offering 8-core or 16-core typical 3.8 to 4.0 GHz (max), 10-core or 20-core typical 3.5 to 3.9 GHz (max), or 24-core typical 3.4 to 3.9 GHz (max) configurations in a 19-inch rack-mount, 4U (EIA units) drawer configuration. All the cores are active. The server supports a maximum of 32 DDR4 DIMM slots. Memory features supported are 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB, allowing for a maximum system memory of 4096 GB.
Summary of standard features for Power S924:
- POWER9 processor modules:
- 8-core typical 3.8 to 4.0 GHz (max) POWER9 Processor (#EP1E)
- 10-core typical 3.5 to 3.9 GHz (max) POWER9 Processor (#EP1F)
- 12-core typical 3.4 to 3.9 GHz (max) POWER9 Processor (#EP1G)
- High-performance Mbps DDR4 ECC memory
- 16 GB (#EM62), 32 GB (#EM63), 64 GB (#EM64), or 128 GB (#EM65) memory features - different sizes/configurations run at different frequencies of 2133, 2400, and 2666 Mbps
- Up to 4 TB of DDR4 memory with two Power Systems processors
- Up to 2 TB of DDR4 memory with one Power Systems processor
- Storage Backplane feature:
- Base 12 SFF-3 Bays/RDX Bay.
- Optionally, split the above SFF-3 bays and add a second integrated SAS controller without cache.
- Expanded function 18 SFF-3 Bays/Dual IOA with Write Cache and Optional External SAS port.
- Expanded function 12 SFF-3 Bays/RDX Bay/Dual IOA with Write Cache and Optional External SAS port.
- Optionally, attach an EXP12SX/EXP24SX SAS HDD/SSD Expansion Drawer to the dual IOA.
- Up to two PCIe3 NVMe carrier cards with two M.2 module slots (with up to four Mainstream 400 GB SSD NVMe M.2 modules)
- Quantity of one PCIe3 NVMe carrier card can be ordered only with storage backplane. If the PCIe3 NVMe carrier card is ordered with a storage backplane, then the optional split feature is not supported.
- PCIe slots with single processor:
- One x16 Gen4 full-height, half-length (CAPI)
- One x8 Gen4, full-height, half-length (with x16 connector) (CAPI)
- Two x8 Gen3, full-height, half-length (with x16 connectors)
- Four x8 Gen3 full-height, half-length (One of these slots is used for the required base LAN adapter)
- PCIe slots with two processors:
- Three x16 Gen4 full-height, half-length (CAPI)
- Two x8 Gen4 full-height, half-length (with x16 connectors) (CAPI)
- Two x8 Gen3 full-height, half-length (with x16 connectors)
- Four x8 Gen3 full-height, half-length (One of these slots is used for the required base LAN adapter.)
- Service processor
- EnergyScale technology
- Hot-swap and redundant cooling
- One front USB 3.0 ports
- Two rear USB 3.0 ports
- Two HMC 1 GbE RJ45 ports
- One system port with RJ45 connector
- Four hot-plug, redundant power supplies
- 19-inch rack-mounting hardware (4U)