Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000H
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000H is a scalable, unified, hybrid storage system that is designed to provide high performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for large enterprises. Powered by the ONTAP software, ThinkSystem DM7000H delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features. The ThinkSystem DM7000H is a perfect fit for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including big data and analytics, artificial intelligence, engineering and design, hybrid clouds, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
ThinkSystem DM7000H models are 3U rack-mount controller enclosures that include two controllers, and 256 GB RAM and 16 GB battery-backed NVRAM (128 GB RAM and 8 GB NVRAM per controller). Universal 1/10 GbE NAS/iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC) ports and 1/10 GbE RJ-45 ports provide base host connectivity, with an option for additional 1/10 GbE, 25 GbE, or 40 GbE NAS/iSCSI, or 8/16/32 Gb FC connections with the adapter cards.
A single ThinkSystem DM7000H Storage Array scales up to 480 drives with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF, DM120S 2U12, and DM600S 4U60 LFF Expansion Enclosures. It also offers flexible drive configurations with the choice of 2.5-inch (SFF) and 3.5-inch (LFF) form factors, 10 K rpm SAS and 7.2 K rpm NL SAS hard disk drives (HDDs), and SAS solid-state drives (SSDs).
The ThinkSystem DM7000H offers the following key features and benefits:
- Scalable, hybrid storage with dual active/active controller configurations for high availability and performance.
- Improved performance and data protection with RAID-DP and RAID-TEC, as well as support for traditional RAID 4.
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs with support for unified NAS and SAN storage protocols, including 1/10 GbE, 25 GbE, and 40 GbE NAS and iSCSI, and 8/16/32 Gb Fibre Channel connectivity.
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with multipathing with up to 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures, up to 12x 3.5-inch large form factor (LFF) drives in the 2U12 LFF expansion enclosures, or up to 60x 3.5-inch LFF drives in the 4U60 LFF expansion enclosures.
- Scalability to up to 480 SFF or LFF drives with the attachment of the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF, DM120S 2U12 LFF, or DM600S 4U60 LFF expansion enclosures to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance.
- Flexibility in storing data on high-performance SAS SSDs or capacity-optimized enterprise NL SAS HDDs; mixing and matching drive types and form factors within a single system to perfectly meet performance and capacity requirements for various workloads.
- Acceleration of read-centric workloads with the high-speed, low-latency onboard NVMe SSD caching.
- A rich set of standard storage management functions available at no extra cost, including SSD read cache, hybrid storage pools, snapshots, volume copy, quality of service, thin provisioning, compression, deduplication, encryption, disk-based backup, application- and virtual machine-aware backup, quick data recovery, clustering, synchronous replication, and asynchronous replication.
- Optional licensed functions, including WORM (write once, read many) data protection (SnapLock) and object storage tiering (FabricPool).
- Scale-out clustering of up to 12 ThinkSystem DM Series storage systems for NAS connectivity or up to six DM Series storage systems for SAN connectivity.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system setup and management.
- Lenovo XClarity support for centralized systems management of Lenovo x86 servers, switches, and storage, which provides automated agent-less discovery, inventory, monitoring, and additional platform-specific functions across multiple systems.
- Designed for 99.9999% availability with redundant hot-swap components, including controllers and I/O modules, power supplies, cooling modules (4U60 LFF enclosures only), and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
- Certified storage for Oracle VM.
- Certified storage for Citrix XenServer: http://hcl.xenserver.org/storage/910/Lenovo_DM_Series.
The ThinkSystem DM7000H supports the complete range of data storage requirements, from highly used applications to high-capacity, low usage applications. The following drives are supported:
- 2U24 SFF performance-optimized, enterprise class HDDs: 900 GB, 1.2 TB, and 1.8 TB 10K rpm
- 2U24 SFF capacity-optimized SSDs: 960 GB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB
- 2U12 LFF and 4U60 LFF high-capacity nearline HDDs: 4 TB, 8 TB, and 10 TB 7.2K rpm
All drives are dual-port and hot-swappable.
The ThinkSystem DM7000H supports attachment of the following ThinkSystem DM Series expansion enclosures:
- Up to 20 ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF enclosures.
- Up to 40 ThinkSystem DM120S 2U12 LFF enclosures.
- Up to 8 ThinkSystem DM600S 4U60 LFF enclosures.
- A combination of the DM240S, DM120S, and DM600S enclosures for a maximum of 480 drives.
Customers can intermix 2U24 SFF, 2U12 LFF, and 4U60 LFF expansion enclosures behind a controller enclosure. This configuration delivers the added flexibility to mix 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch drives within a single system (but not within the enclosure).
More drives and expansion enclosures are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime, which helps to quickly and seamlessly respond to ever-growing capacity demands.
The ThinkSystem DM7000H offers high levels of system and data availability with the following technologies:
- Dual-active controllers (high availability pair) with automatic load balancing and failover
- Mirrored, battery-backed controller NVRAM
- Dual-port SAS HDDs and SSDs with automatic drive failure detection and rebuild
- Redundant, hot-swappable and customer replaceable hardware components, including SFP+/QSFP+ transceivers, controller and I/O modules, power supplies, cooling modules (4U60 LFF only), and drives
- Automated failover for the data path between the host and the drives with multipathing
- Non-disruptive controller and drive firmware upgrades
- Scale-out clustering