Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F is a scalable, unified, all flash storage system that is designed to provide high performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for large enterprises. Powered by the ONTAP software, ThinkSystem DM7000F delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features, including support for NVMe over Fabrics. The ThinkSystem DM7000F is a perfect fit for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including big data and analytics, artificial intelligence, engineering and design, hybrid clouds, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
ThinkSystem DM7000F models are 3U rack-mount controller enclosures that include two controllers, and 256 GB RAM and 16 GB battery-backed NVRAM (128 GB RAM and 8 GB NVRAM per controller). Universal 1/10 GbE NAS/iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC) ports and 1/10 GbE RJ-45 ports provide base host connectivity, with an option for additional 1/10 GbE, 25 GbE, or 40 GbE NAS/iSCSI, or 8/16/32 Gb FC connections with the adapter cards.
A single ThinkSystem DM7000F Storage Array scales up to 384 SFF solid-state drives (SSDs) with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosures.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F offers the following key features and benefits:
- All-flash array capabilities to meet the demand for higher speed storage and provide higher IOPs and bandwidth with lower power usage and total cost of ownership than hybrid or HDD-based solutions.
- Scalable, all flash storage with dual active/active controller configurations for high availability and performance.
- NVMe over Fabrics helps achieve up to two times higher performance at a half of the latency.
- Improved performance and data protection with RAID-DP and RAID-TEC, as well as support for traditional RAID 4.
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs with support for unified NAS and SAN storage protocols, including 1/10 GbE, 25 GbE, and 40 GbE NAS and iSCSI, and 8/16/32 Gb Fibre Channel.
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with multipathing with up to 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures.
- Scalability to up to 384 SFF drives with the attachment of the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance.
- A rich set of standard storage management functions available at no extra cost, including snapshots, volume copy, quality of service, thin provisioning, compression, deduplication, encryption, disk-based backup, application- and virtual machine-aware backup, quick data recovery, clustering, synchronous replication, and asynchronous replication.
- Optional licensed functions, including WORM (write once, read many) data protection (SnapLock) and object storage tiering (FabricPool).
- Scale-out clustering of up to 12 ThinkSystem DM Series storage systems for NAS connectivity or up to six DM Series storage systems for SAN connectivity.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system setup and management.
- Lenovo XClarity support for centralized systems management of Lenovo x86 servers, switches, and storage, which provides automated agent-less discovery, inventory, monitoring, and additional platform-specific functions across multiple systems.
- Designed for 99.9999% availability with redundant hot-swap components, including controllers and I/O modules, power supplies, and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
- Certified Enterprise Storage for SAP HANA Tailored Data center Integration (TDI).
- Certified storage for Oracle VM.
- Certified storage for Citrix XenServer: http://hcl.xenserver.org/storage/910/Lenovo_DM_Series.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F supports attachment of up to 16 ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures. The expansion enclosures support 2.5-inch capacity-optimized (1 drive write per day [DWD]) 960 GB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB SAS hot-swap SSDs. More drives and expansion enclosures are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime, which helps to quickly and seamlessly respond to ever-growing capacity demands.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F offers high levels of system and data availability with the following technologies:
- Dual-active controllers (high availability pair) with automatic load balancing and failover
- Mirrored, battery-backed controller NVRAM
- Dual-port SAS SSDs with automatic drive failure detection and rebuild
- Redundant, hot-swappable and customer replaceable hardware components, including SFP+/QSFP+ transceivers, controller and I/O modules, power supplies, and drives
- Automated failover for the data path between the host and the drives with multipathing
- Non-disruptive controller and drive firmware upgrades
- Scale-out clustering