Lenovo ThinkSystem DM3000H
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM3000H is a unified, hybrid storage system that is designed to provide performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for small enterprises and remote offices/branch offices of large enterprises. Powered by the ONTAP software, ThinkSystem DM3000H delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features.
The ThinkSystem DM3000H is a perfect fit for small offices and remote and branch offices of large enterprises that run a wide range of general purpose workloads, including file services, virtualization, Microsoft applications, backup and archiving, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
ThinkSystem DM3000H models are 2U rack-mount controller enclosures that include two controllers, 64 GB RAM and 8 GB battery-backed NVRAM per system (32 GB RAM and 4 GB NVMRAM per controller), and 12 LFF hot-swap drive bays (2U12 form factor). Controllers provide universal 1/10 GbE NAS/iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC) ports, or 1/10 GbE RJ-45 ports for host connectivity.
A single ThinkSystem DM3000H Storage Array scales up to 144 drives with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DM120S 2U12 LFF, DM600S 4U60 LFF, and DM240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosures.
The ThinkSystem DM3000H offers the following key features and benefits:
- Unified, hybrid storage with dual active/active controller configurations for high availability and performance.
- Improved performance and data protection with RAID-DP and RAID-TEC, as well as support for traditional RAID 4.
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs with support for unified NAS and SAN storage protocols, including 1/10 GbE NAS and iSCSI, and 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel connectivity.
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with multipathing with up to 12x 3.5-inch large form factor (LFF) drives in the 2U12 LFF enclosures, up to 60x 3.5-inch LFF drives in the 4U60 LFF expansion enclosures, or up to 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures.
- Scalability to up to 144 LFF drives with the attachment of the ThinkSystem DM120S 2U12 LFF, DM600S 4U60 LFF, or DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity.
- Flexibility in storing data on capacity-optimized SAS SSDs, performance-optimized enterprise SAS HDDs, or capacity-optimized enterprise NL SAS HDDs; mixing and matching drive types within a single system to perfectly meet performance and capacity requirements for various workloads.
- Acceleration of read-centric workloads with the high-speed, low-latency onboard NVMe SSD caching.
- A comprehensive set of advanced storage management features with the ONTAP software, including SSD read cache, hybrid storage pools, snapshots, volume copy, quality of service, thin provisioning, compression, deduplication, encryption, disk-based backup, application- and virtual machine-aware backup, quick data recovery, clustering, synchronous replication, and asynchronous replication.
- A core set of storage management features with the ONTAP Fundamentals software, including SSD read cache, hybrid storage pools, snapshots, quality of service, thin provisioning, compression, deduplication, encryption, quick data recovery, asynchronous replication, and up to 84 drives.
- Optional licensed functions, including WORM (write once, read many) data protection (SnapLock) and object storage tiering (FabricPool).
- Scale-out clustering of up to 12 ThinkSystem DM Series storage systems for NAS connectivity or up to six DM Series storage systems for SAN connectivity.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system setup and management.
- Lenovo XClarity support for centralized systems management of Lenovo x86 servers, switches, and storage, which provides automated agent-less discovery, inventory, monitoring, and additional platform-specific functions across multiple systems.
- Designed for 99.9999% availability with redundant hot-swap components, including controllers and I/O modules, power supplies, cooling modules (4U60 LFF enclosures only), and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
- Certified storage for Oracle VM.
- Certified storage for Citrix XenServer: http://hcl.xenserver.org/storage/910/Lenovo_DM_Series.
The ThinkSystem DM3000H supports the following drives:
- 2U12 LFF and 4U60 LFF high-capacity nearline HDDs: 4 TB, 8 TB, and 10 TB 7.2K rpm
- 2U24 SFF capacity-optimized SSDs: 960 GB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB
- 2U24 SFF enterprise SAS HDDs: 900 GB, 1.2 TB, and 1.8 TB 10K rpm
All drives are dual-port and hot-swappable.
The ThinkSystem DM3000H supports attachment of the following ThinkSystem DM Series expansion enclosures:
- Up to 9 ThinkSystem DM120S 2U12 LFF enclosures.
- Up to 2 ThinkSystem DM600S 4U60 LFF enclosures.
- Up to 5 ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF enclosures.
- A combination of the DM120S, DM600S, and DM240S enclosures for a maximum of 144 drives.
Customers can intermix 2U12 LFF, 4U60 LFF, and 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures behind a 2U12 LFF controller enclosure. This configuration delivers the added flexibility to mix 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch drives within a single system (but not within the enclosure).
More drives and expansion enclosures are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime, which helps to quickly and seamlessly respond to ever-growing capacity demands.
The ThinkSystem DM3000H offers high levels of system and data availability with the following technologies:
- Dual-active controllers (high availability pair) with automatic load balancing and failover
- Mirrored, battery-backed controller NVRAM
- Dual-port SAS HDDs with automatic drive failure detection and rebuild
- Redundant, hot-swappable and customer replaceable hardware components, including SFP+ transceivers, controllers, I/O modules, power supplies, cooling modules (4U60 LFF only), and drives
- Automated failover for the data path between the host and the drives with multipathing
- Non-disruptive controller and drive firmware upgrades
- Scale-out clustering