Lenovo ThinkSystem DE4000F
Lenovo ThinkSystem DE4000F is a scalable, all flash entry-level storage system that is designed to provide performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for medium to large businesses. It delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features. The ThinkSystem DE4000F is a perfect fit for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including big data and analytics, video surveillance, technical computing, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
ThinkSystem DE4000F models are available in a 2U rack form-factor with 24 small form-factor (2.5-inch SFF) drives (2U24 SFF) and include two controllers, each with 8 GB or 32 GB cache for a system total of 16 GB or 64 GB. Universal 1/10 Gb iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC) ports provide base host connectivity, and the host interface cards provide additional 1/10 Gb iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb FC, 12 Gb SAS, 10/25 Gb iSCSI, or 8/16/32 Gb FC connections.
The ThinkSystem DE4000F Storage Array scales up to 120 solid-state drives (SSDs) with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosures.
The ThinkSystem DE4000F offers the following key features and benefits:
- All-flash array capabilities to meet the demand for higher speed storage and provide higher IOPs and bandwidth with lower power usage and total cost of ownership than hybrid or HDD-based solutions.
- Scalable entry-level storage with dual active/active controller configurations with 8 GB or 32 GB cache per controller for high availability and performance.
- Improved performance and data protection with Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) technology, as well as support for traditional RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, and 10.
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs with support for 1/10 Gb iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb FC, and 12 Gb SAS, 10/25 Gb iSCSI, or 8/16/32 Gb FC connectivity at the same time.
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with support for up to 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the 2U24 SFF enclosures.
- Scalability to up to 120 SFF drives with the attachment of up to four ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance.
- Rich set of storage management functions comes with the system, including Dynamic Disk Pools, snapshots, volume copy, thin provisioning, and asynchronous mirroring.
- Optional synchronous mirroring licensed function for continuous data availability.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system setup and management.
- Designed for 99.9999% availability with redundant hot-swap components, including controllers and I/O modules, power supplies, proactive maintenance, and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
The following solid-state drives are supported in the 2U24 SFF enclosures:
- Capacity-optimized SSDs (1 drive write per day [DWD]): 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB
- High performance SSDs (3 DWD): 800 GB, 1.6 TB, and 3.2 TB
- High performance self-encrypting FIPS SSDs (3 DWD): 1.6 TB
All drives are dual-port and hot-swappable. Drives of the same form factor can be intermixed within the appropriate enclosure, which provides the flexibility to address performance and capacity needs within a single enclosure.
Up to four ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures are supported by a single ThinkSystem DE4000F system. More drives and expansion enclosures are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime, which helps to quickly and seamlessly respond to ever-growing capacity demands.
The ThinkSystem DE4000F offers high levels of system and data availability with the following technologies:
- Dual-active controller modules with automatic load balancing and failover
- Mirrored data cache with flash backup (battery-backed destaging to flash)
- Dual-port SAS SSDs with automatic drive failure detection and rebuild with global hot spares
- Redundant, hot-swappable and customer replaceable hardware components, including SFP/SFP+ transceivers, controller and I/O modules, power supplies, and drives
- Automated path failover support for the data path between the host and the drives with multipathing software
- Non-disruptive controller and drive firmware upgrades