Lenovo ThinkSystem DE2000H
Lenovo ThinkSystem DE2000H is a low-cost, hybrid entry-level storage system that is designed to provide performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for small to large businesses. It delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features. The ThinkSystem DE2000H is a perfect fit for small offices and remote and branch offices of large enterprises that run a wide range of workloads, including big data and analytics, video surveillance, technical computing, backup and recovery, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
ThinkSystem DE2000H models are available in a 2U rack form-factor with 24 small form-factor (2.5-inch SFF) drives (2U24 SFF) or 12 large form-factor (3.5-inch LFF) drives (2U12 LFF) and include two controllers, each with 8 GB cache for a system total of 16 GB. Universal 1/10 Gb iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC) ports provide base host connectivity, with an option for 12 Gb SAS or 1/10 Gb iSCSI RJ-45 connections with the host interface cards.
The ThinkSystem DE2000H Storage Array scales up to 96 drives with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DE120S 2U12 and DE240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosures. It also offers flexible drive configurations with the choice of 2.5-inch (SFF) and 3.5-inch (LFF) form factors, 10 K rpm SAS and 7.2 K rpm NL SAS hard disk drives (HDDs), and SAS solid-state drives (SSDs).
The ThinkSystem DE2000H offers the following key features and benefits:
- Low-cost, entry-level hybrid storage with dual active/active controller configurations with 8 GB cache per controller for high availability and performance.
- Improved performance and data protection with Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) technology, as well as support for traditional RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, and 10.
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs with support for 1/10 Gb iSCSI SFP+, 4/8/16 Gb FC, 12 Gb SAS, or 1/10 Gb iSCSI (RJ-45) connectivity.
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with support for up to 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the 2U24 SFF enclosures or up to 12x 3.5-inch large form factor (LFF) drives in the 2U12 LFF enclosures.
- Scalability to up to 96 SFF or 48 LFF drives with the attachment of up to three expansion enclosures (ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF, or DE120S 2U12 LFF, or a combination of the DE240S and DE120S) to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance.
- Rich set of standard storage management functions available at no extra cost, including Dynamic Disk Pools, SSD read cache, snapshots, volume copy, thin provisioning, and encryption (requires optional FIPS drives).
- Optional licensed functions, including higher number of snapshots for greater scalability and asynchronous mirroring for continuous data availability.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system setup and management.
- Designed for 99.999% availability with redundant hot-swap components, including controllers and I/O modules, power supplies, proactive maintenance, and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
The ThinkSystem DE2000H supports the complete range of data storage requirements, from highly used applications to high-capacity, low usage applications.
The following drives are supported in the 2U24 SFF enclosures:
- Capacity-optimized SSDs (1 drive write per day [DWD]): 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB
- High performance SSDs (3 DWD): 800 GB, 1.6 TB, and 3.2 TB
- High performance self-encrypting FIPS SSDs (3 DWD): 1.6 TB
- Performance-optimized, enterprise class HDDs: 1.2 TB and 1.8 TB 10K rpm
- Performance-optimized, enterprise class self-encrypting FIPS HDDs: 1.8 TB 10K rpm
The following drives are supported in the 2U12 LFF enclosures:
- High-performance SSDs (3 DWD; 2.5" drive in a 3.5" drive tray): 800 GB
- High performance self-encrypting FIPS SSDs (3 DWD; 2.5" drive in a 3.5" drive tray): 1.6 TB
- High-capacity, archival-class nearline HDDs: 4 TB, 8 TB, 10 TB, and 12 TB 7.2K rpm
- High-capacity, archival-class nearline self-encrypting FIPS HDDs: 6 TB and 10 TB 7.2K rpm
All drives are dual-port and hot-swappable. Drives of the same form factor can be intermixed within the appropriate enclosure, which provides the flexibility to address performance and capacity needs within a single enclosure.
Up to three 2U expansion enclosures (ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF, or ThinkSystem DE120S 2U12 LFF, or a combination of the ThinkSystem DE240S and DE120S) are supported by a single ThinkSystem DE2000H system. Customers can intermix 2U24 SFF and 2U12 LFF expansion enclosures behind a 2U24 SFF or 2U12 LFF controller enclosure. This configuration delivers the added flexibility to mix 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch drives within a single system.
More drives and expansion enclosures are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime, which helps to quickly and seamlessly respond to ever-growing capacity demands.