Lenovo ThinkServer RD650 Rack Server
Get a storage-dense and flexible design.
Incredible storage density and a highly flexible design in next-generation rack server—perfect for your business-critical applications.
Incredible storage density and a highly flexible design in a next-generation rack server—perfect for your business-critical applications.
- Ideal for storage-hungry applications
- Highly flexible design with tiered-storage options
- Dynamic cooling design allows for extra-reliable performance
Highly flexible design
With the Lenovo ThinkServer RD650, you can run more workloads than ever before. Built with the latest Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v4 Series (up to 44 cores per system), expansive memory capacity, and flexible storage configurations and I/O options, the RD650 can easily be tailored to your business needs. For example, the RD650 offers a unique hybrid storage option with nine 3.5-inch and six 2.5-inch drive bays in the front and two 2.5-inch drive bays in the back—ideal for tiered storage environments. With up to 100TB of local storage capacity, the RD650 is also excellent for database, data analytics, and video streaming workloads.
Lenovo servers have consistently achieved the highest reliability of all x86 servers in the industry. With its dynamic environmental design, the RD650 can run at 45ºC continuously—with no impact on reliability. Other high-reliability features include ECC memory, RAID, hot-swap hard-disk and solid state drives, and hot-swap and redundant power and cooling.
Centrally automate discovery, inventory tracking, real-time monitoring, fault detection, and alert handling over the life cycle of your servers with Lenovo XClarity, a best-in-class enterprise management tool. A mobile option enables you to securely monitor your systems from Android and iOS devices.
Processor: Up to two 18-core Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 Series
Operating Systems Supported:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (Including Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (Including Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Including Hyper-V)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
- VMware vSphere ESXi
Form Factor/Height: 2U Rack
Memory: Up to 768 GB DDR4 - 2133 MT/s via 24 slots (RDIMM/LRDIMM)
Media Bays: 1 x slim optical (in select 2.5" chassis configurations)
Disk Bays: Up to 12 x 3.5" front + up to 2 x 2.5" rear or up to 24 x 2.5" front + up to 2 x 2.5" rear or up to 9 x 3.5" front + up to 6 x 2.5" front + up to 2 x 2.5" rear
Maximum Internal Storage:
- Up to 74 TB 3.5" chassis or up to 30.8 TB 2.5" chassis or up to 63.2 TB hybrid chassis;
- 2 SSD and SD card options available
- ThinkServer RAID 110i AnyRAID (0/1/10, optional 5)
- ThinkServer RAID 510i AnyRAID Adapter (0/1/10, optional 5)
- ThinkServer RAID 720i AnyRAID Adapter (0/1/10/5/50/6/60)
- ThinkServer RAID 720ix AnyRAID Adapter (0/1/10/5/50/6/60)
- Redundant hot-swap
- 550W/750W/1100W (80 PLUS Platinum), 110V to 240V AC input
- 750W (80 PLUS Titanium), 200V to 240V AC input
- 1600W (80 PLUS Platinum), 200V to 240V AC input
- 1 x Integrated Gb Ethernet (Dedicated management port)
- 1 x AnyFabric slot with choice of Ethernet NIC, Fibre Channel HBA or CAN
Expansion Slots: All chassis up to - 3 x PCIe Gen3: LP x8, 4 x PCIe Gen3: FLFH x8, 1 x PCIe Gen3: HLFH x8
Cooling: 4 Redundant hot-swap fans with 1 processor or 6 redundant hot-swap fans with 2 processors
- ThinkServer System Manager
- Optional ThinkServer System Manager Premium
Dimensions: (W x H x D): (482 mm x 87 mm x 764 mm) or (19.0" x 3.4" x 30.1")
Weight: Starting at (16.0 kg) or (35.3 lbs)
Specifications may vary depending upon region.