Lenovo System x3500 M5 Tower Server
Choose computing for optimal performance
All-in-one two-socket tower server (with available 5U rack mount), with big performance and storage configurations in a small footprint for business-critical enterprise workloads. Built with advanced levels of security, reliability, efficiency, and scalability.
System x3500 M5
System x3500 M5 delivers greater performance and twice the memory in flexible storage-based configurations with smart, energy-efficient features. These servers safeguard enterprise data while maximizing uptime and minimizing costs.
- Optimize your workloads with choice of flexible storage-based configurations, designed for infrastructure basics to business-critical applications
- Maximize uptime and minimize costs with industry-leading reliability features and tools
- Safeguard enterprise data with built-in System x® Trusted Platform Assurance, an exclusive set of security features and practices, plus optional self-encrypting drives and IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager or MegaRAID SafeStore encryption services, which is part of any M5200 Series RAID-5 upgrade.
- Achieve superior performance with Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v3 series (up to 36 cores per server), end-to-end 12 Gbps RAID support—for both devices and infrastructure
- Accelerate your graphics applications with up to two 300 W GPUs
- Run up to 131% greater Java workload performance, up to 61% greater virtualization performance, and up to 59% greater database performance per system than the previous generation
- Leverage tiered storage by using both high-performance 2.5-inch solid-state drives (SSDs) and large-capacity, less-frequently-accessed 3.5-inch hard disk drive (HDD) storage in the same server
- Reduce data center costs with smart energy-efficient features, including extended operating temperature, Titanium power supplies (up to 96% efficiency), active/standby power supply modes, and TruDDR4™ Memory (with up to 45% improved energy use compared to DDR3)
- Run more virtual machines and workloads with up to 50% more cores and cache and 2 times more memory capacity than the previous generation
The new Lenovo® System x3500 M5 delivers big performance and storage flexibility in a small footprint. Choose from models with up to 32 2.5-inch or 12 3.5-inch drives. Leverage tiered storage with a combination of fast-access 2.5-inch and low-cost-per-terabyte 3.5-inch drives in the same server.
The x3500 M5 integrates industry-leading security and reliability. System x® Trusted Platform Assurance establishes a solid security foundation for your workloads—from infrastructure to analytics. You can also deploy self-encrypting drives with optional key management software. System x servers achieve the highest reliability of any x86 server. Diagnostic tools such as Predictive Failure Analysis proactively monitor server subcomponents to help reduce downtime and costs.
Simplify provisioning and systems management
Simplify, automate, and modernize Day 1 provisioning and ongoing administrative tasks over the server life cycle with Lenovo XClarity.
FORM FACTOR/HEIGHT: Tower (5U rack-mountable)
PROCESSOR: Up to two 18-core Intel Xeon processors E5-2600 v3 series
CACHE: Up to 45 MB per processor
MEMORY: Up to 1.5TB with 64 GB* TruDDR4 Memory LRDIMMs
EXPANSION SLOTS: Up to seven PCIe 3.0 expansion slots; support for up to two 300 W GPUs
DISK BAYS: Up to 32 2.5-inch hot-swap hard disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs), or up to 12 3.5-inch hot-swap HDDs or 6 3.5-inch simple-swap HDDs, or a combination of up to 16 2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs/SSDs with up to 6 3.5-inch hot-swap HDDs
MEDIA BAYS: DVD-ROM and optional tape drive
NETWORK INTERFACE: Quad-port Gigabit Ethernet and single-port IMM standard; optional 10 GbE PCIe adapters available
POWER SUPPLY: 1/2 hot-swap redundant 550 W/750 W/900 W, 80 PLUS Platinum or 750 W 80 PLUS Titanium
HOT-SWAP COMPONENTS: Power supply, cooling fans and HDDs/SSDs
RAID SUPPORT: 12 Gbps hardware dual RAID adapters -0, -1, -10 with optional RAID-5, -50, -6, -60 upgrades
ENERGY-EFFICIENCY COMPLIANCE†: 80 PLUS Platinum, 80 PLUS Titanium; ENERGY STAR compliance (model dependent)
SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT: IMM2 with dedicated management port (optional remote presence); Predictive Failure Analysis, Diagnostic LEDs, light path diagnostics, IBM Systems Director and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager
OPERATING SYSTEMS SUPPORTED: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise, VMware vSphere - (Optional USB Key or SD Media Adapter*)
LIMITED WARRANTY: 3-year customer replaceable unit and on-site limited warranty, next business day 9x5, service upgrades available
Specifications may vary