Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure
Industry-leading Components in an Integrated Solution
Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure is optimized for reliability, interoperability, and maximum performance. Lenovo uses best-of-industry technology to create an optimized design. Streamlined operation is made possible through increased automation and built-in intelligence. Lenovo has produced an end-to-end solution with end-to-end support.
Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure
This end-to-end solution contains an integrated set of Lenovo servers, storage, software, and third-party components. Each solution is tested for reliability, interoperability, and maximum performance so that the system can be easily deployed.
Work Simpler, Work Smarter
- Complex solutions made simple
- Best-of-industry technology, optimized solution design
- Increase results through automation and built-in intelligence
- End-to-end solutions with end-to-end support by Lenovo
Solutions Made Simple
Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure (LeSI) is a framework for the development, configuration, building, delivery, and support of integrated data center solutions. Deploying solutions for Technical Computing, high performance computing (HPC), Analytics and Cloud environments can place a significant burden on IT. LeSI leverages decades of Lenovo server experience to reduce the complexity of deployment. LeSI provides the flexibility and choice of configured systems, factory-integrated solutions, or fully end-to-end supported solutions that match best-in-industry components with optimized solution design.
With LeSI, clients can focus their efforts on maximizing business value, instead of consuming valuable resources to design, optimize, install, and support the infrastructure required to meet business demands. Many customers opt for a complete, ready-to-run solution with networking, on-site install, cabling, system labeling, data center consultation, and services that provide an optimized design for each customer environment.
LeSI solutions feature industry-leading Lenovo servers encompassing powerful Intel® Xeon® processors, Lenovo storage, Open Source and OEM software, and best-of-breed third-party components (especially in networking and acceleration). Lenovo thoroughly tests and optimizes all LeSI components for reliability, interoperability, and maximum performance so clients can quickly deploy the system and get to work achieving their business goals.
LeSI Factory Integrated
Regardless at what scale clients are deploying Technical Computing and HPC, it is critical for them to get up and running quickly. When ordered pre-integrated, LeSI provides faster time to production for clients with fully configured, racked, and cabled delivery of the client’s solution. Lenovo delivers the highest quality with systems arriving ready to deploy. Solutions are pre-cabled and burned-in by manufacturing.
LeSI Cluster Solutions
LeSI offers solution level support for HPC configurations with tested OEM hardware. The extensive testing results in a best recipe release of software and firmware levels guaranteed to work seamlessly together. LeSI Cluster Solutions are built, tested, delivered, and installed by Lenovo and supported as a single solution, instead of being treated as hundreds of individual components. Lenovo provides single point of contact, solution-level support that includes both Lenovo server and third-party components to deliver maximum system availability throughout the life of the system so clients can spend less time maintaining systems and more time delivering results.
- Lenovo x3650 M5 HPIO and x3550 M5
- Lenovo x3850 X6
- Lenovo sd350
- Lenovo NeXtScale nx360 M5 and nx360 M5 WCT
Lenovo Storage Units:
- Lenovo S2200 and Lenovo S3200
- Lenovo System x GSS JBODs
- 1Gb Ethernet
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8052, G7052, G7028
- 10Gb Ethernet
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8264, G8124, G8272, G8296
- 40Gb Ethernet
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8332
- Mellanox InfiniBand Fabric
- Mellanox SX6036 36-port Non-blocking Unmanaged FDR 56Gbps InfiniBand Switch
- Mellanox SX6025 36-port Non-blocking Unmanaged FDR 56Gbps InfiniBand Switch
- Mellanox SB7700 36-port Non-blocking Managed EDR 100Gbps InfiniBand Switch
- Mellanox SB7790 36-port Non-blocking Unmanaged EDR 100Gbps InfiniBand Switch Intel® Omni-Path Fabric 100 Series
- Intel OPA 100 Series 24-port and 48-port Unmanaged Edge Switches
Racks and More Rack Cabinets:
- LeSI 42U 1200mm Deep Primary Rack
- LeSI 42U 1200mm Deep Expansion Rack
- LeSI 42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Rack
- LeSI 42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Expansion Rack
- Lenovo Rear Door Heat eXchanger V2
- Lenovo WCT Manifold
- Environmental Monitoring Probe Kit
KVM Switches and Consoles:
- Local 1X8 Console Manager (LCM8) and Local 2X16 Console Manager (LCM16)
- Global 2X2X16 Console Manager (GCM16) and Global 4X2X32 Console Manager (GCM32)
- IBM 1U 18.5-inch Standard Console and IBM 1U 18.5-inch Enhanced Media Console Cables
- IntraRack Cable Service
- LC Fiber storage and network cables, SAS Cables, UCO/KCO/VCO Cables
- 1Gb Ethernet Cables (Yellow, Blue, Green, Black), Optical MTB Cables, Copper and Optical QSFP Cables, DAC and DAC-SFP+ Breakout Cables
OEM Software: IBM® Spectrum Scale™
Open Source Software: xCat/Confluent
Scalability: Individual configuration based on the components above scaling from single to 10,000s of systems.
- 1410 rack on-site hardware installation is included at no additional charge
- HPC cluster software services and SupportLine are available as optional fee-based services
- Cluster Installation Support Services are available through the Professional Services as optional fee-based services
Operating Systems Supported: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Warranty: 3-year parts, customer replaceable unit (CRU) or on-site labor, limited warranty, with individual nodes retaining the warranty and service upgrade offerings for that machine type; optional warranty service upgrades. Support is 9x5, next business day