3580-H6S IBM Storage System TS2260 LTO6 Tape Drive
The new IBM System Storage TS2260 Tape Drive Model H6S (machine type 3580) external stand-alone or rack mountable unit, is designed to offer high capacity and performance for the midrange systems environment. THE TS2260 incorporates the (LTO) IBM System Storage Ultrium 6 Half-High SAS Tape Drive and is designed to support the LTO Generation 6 media specification native data rate performance of up to 160 MB/sec compared to the IBM TS2250 LTO half-high tape drive (Ultrium 5) at up to 140 MB/sec native data transfer rate. The TS2260 tape drive supports the LTO Generation 6 specifications for LTO tape drive technology, and LTO Generation 6 media to a compressed capacity of up to 6.25 TB with 2.5 to 1 compression (up to 2.5 TB native capacity) compared to previous LTO 5 compressed capacity of up to 3.0 TB with 2:1 compression (up to 1.5 TB native capacity) per tape cartridge. The TS2260 can read and write to Ultrium 6 and Ultrium 5 cartridges, and is read compatible with Ultrium 4 data cartridges. The Ultrium 6 tape drive is encryption-capable and designed to support application managed encryption.
The TS2260 Model H6S tape drive uses a 6 Gbps dual port SAS interface for connection to a wide spectrum of system servers. The new T2260 attaches to IBM System x® and PC servers, and selected IBM Power Systems™ models. The TS2260 also supports Microsoft™ Windows™, HP-UX, Oracle Solaris, and UNIX™.
The following IBM TS2260 H6S half-high LTO Ultrium 6 tape drive enhancements are designed to help improve performance, capacity, and reliability:
- Native LTO Generation 6 media specification data transfer rate of up to 160 MB/sec
- Supports LTO Generation 6 media specification tape cartridge compressed capacity of up to 6.25 TB with 2.5 to 1 compression
- 6 Gbps SAS attachment support
- A 512 MB internal buffer
- Application managed encryption support for half-high LTO Generation 6 SAS tape drive
- 16 KB cartridge memory with Ultrium 6 media
- Half-high drive form factor
- Two SAS ports per drive to improve availability and attachability
- IBM LTFS partitioning support
- Better integrated electronics using IBM engineered copper technology