7210 020 IBM External CD-ROM Media Drive
The IBM 7210 020 External CD-ROM Media Drive for iSeries, RS6000 and IBM Power Systems. The 7210 020 supports 12 and 8 cm disks, delivers access times up to 175 ms and data transfer rates up to 5.1 MB/sec. The IBM 7210 020 supports synchronous and asynchronous modes, accommodates both 12 cm and 8 cm disks, can read CD-ROM disks created in either single-or multi-session by CD-R devices and has downward compatibility. The IBM 7210 020 is ideal for accessing any CD-ROMs such as licensed software, software updates, image CDs, audio CD-ROMs (via hadphone jace or audio connector), technical manuals, documentation and many other multi-media applications. The 7210 020 also supports media capacity greater than 600 MB. The 7210 Model 020 has a 14X-32X variable speed CD-ROM drive uses a 8-bit, single-ended (SE) interface and attaches to the host via a SCSI cable to a variety of SCSI-2 SE, Fast/Narrow or Fast/Wide adapters.
The 7210 CD-ROM drive supports the following industry-standards:
- Industry-standard SCSI-2 interface (8-bit, SE) - Narrow 50-pin, SE
- Multi-media compliant (MPC-3)
- CD-DA Digital Audio standard Red Book audio
- Industry-standard data formats for compact discs:
- CD-ROM data in Mode 1
- CD-ROM data in Mode 2
- CD-ROM XA data in either Mode 2 Form 1 or Mode 2 Form 2
- Compact discs containing any combination of the above formats
- Multi-session CD-ROM disks to the orange book standard
Write a reviewName:
Your Review:Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: